Thursday, February 23, 2012

Cooking book project week 7

New week new testings =p

First i started off with some kinda mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts with some mushroom, sun dried tomatoes and walnuts. In my opinion, the recipe has too much potatoes compared to other stuff (i would like it more green and more mushrooms =p). But other than that it was good =p


Then i continued with oven roasted vegetables with polenta-balls, which was also yummy (but dunno if i will make it again, i guess roasted vegetables arent my favorite xD polenta i like though =D) This is also my first (known) meeting with fennel, and its kinda cool taste on it =D


Further i failed to cover my filled bread with bread dough, so i think i would go for more dough next time (i doubt there will be a next time even if the bread didnt taste bad =p)


Then i had nut roast, which was also good but i prefer the one i normally make. It was smart having lentils in it though i think, but the leek and celery in it was a bit annoying xD


Then i had paella de verduras, replacing the asparagus with brussel sprouts =p and using turmeric instead of safran >.> This one was yummy as well =p


Then to my favorite this week =D Spring rolls!! =D Though mine looks more like spring packages >.> But they were really yummy!! This is the first time i make spring rolls myself =p I did them in a pan instead of frying them though, they would probably be even better fried =p I served them with some sweet chili sauce that fitted perfectly! =D


This week i wont be doing cooking book project since i'm leaving back to Bergen, Norway tomorrow so my bf can study a bit better with less to worry about, and so i can hopefully find a job. If anyone has a job for me in Bergen, feel free to tell =p

So ye, this week has mostly been trying to eat all of the fresh food that wont last too long, and i also tried to clean the freezer a bit by eating smoothies =p Now no more half year old frozen bananas or so hiding in the freezer xD Tomorrow i will make spring rolls for having on the plane trying to use the remaining ingredients that are lurking around in the fridge. Hope they will be yummy too even if there will be other ingredients in them (i'm out of soy sauce @_@!!).

Will be nice to see family and friends again and having people actually enjoying my cooking and not just complaining about it smelling or tasting bad =p And i somehow miss the mountains even if i never really went on many mountain trips =p (they only got hills here in Leuven, or not even that xD).

But i will miss Leuven too! Everything i want/need (except liquid smoke, nutritional yeast, sour cream, holiday dipmix, and ground cloves) are closeby to my apartment and it's pretty cheap here too compared to Norway =p

I will miss my bf and his family too, but i guess i will see them again in the summer. And i will miss that it is almost never raining here, unlike in Bergen where it is raining a lot more >.>

I will try to continue the cooking book project in Norway from next week =p Still a lot of recipes in my books to be tasted! xD

No comments:

Post a Comment