Thursday, February 2, 2012

Caramelized almonds

We always make caramelized almonds during xmas at home  =p I got some with me to belgium for xmas but i kinda ate almost all myself and didnt leave much for my bf, so i promised him i would try to make some more =p I kinda ate almost all again though xD Maybe i must make even more =p Still got about 100 gram almonds left ;p

This is the recipe my mom use =p First time i ever tried making them myself @_@

Ingredients:
200 gram almonds
200 gram sugar
2 dl water
2 tablespoons margarine

 Heat the almonds, sugar and water in a pan until it starts boiling, then turn the heat down and simmer until the water is gone. This can take 0,5 - 1 hour or even longer. When the water is evaporized add the margarine and turn heat up again. Stir all the time until the sugar and butter is melted into caramel. Then transfer the caramelized almonds to a baking paper (either using 2 forks to transfer one and one almond, or do like me and pour it all on if you dont care about having nicely seperated almonds xD).

I forgot to turn the heat down after it started boiling so i kinda panicked when all turned into sugary almonds after like 15 minutes or so when all water was evaporized, but i just added margarine and turned heat up again and it melted into caramel after a while ^.^


Its prettier if you use a fork to remove the almonds from the pan, but works to just pour all out too xD

3 comments:

  1. må man ha lokk på?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeg brukte ikke lokk (ovnen min ble full av sukkervann siden det sprutet ganske mye siden jeg glemte à skru ned temperaturen, men jeg tror det var problemet).

      Lykke til =p

      Delete