Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Banana brownies

These banana brownies looked so yummy i just had to make them!

The recipe i found here on Sweet Potato Soul her blog.

Since it's stupid measurements (cups xd) i'll write the version i think i used incase i wanna make it in the future so i dont need to find a converter all the time =p (its been some weeks since i made it so could be i remember wrong what i did).
I guess the original recipe is cooler so i would check out that one too (clicky the link above) =p Her pics looks way yummier than mine atleast since my oven is a bit fucked up and likes to burn stuff on the top and leave it unbaked at the bottom.
I also didnt use coffee powder since i dont have that, but i think that its yummier with, if you are so lucky to be in possession of coffee powder =p I also dont have a fancy egg replacer, but i dont let that stop me xD

The recipe i write is for my mini cakeshape of 13x13 cm.

Ingredients:
0.5 dl coconut cream (the creamy part when you have it in the fridge and it seperates)
50 g dark chocolate
0.5 dl flour
Tiny bit of salt
0.25-0.5 teaspoon baking powder
0.5 tablespoon flax seeds + 1.5 tablespoon water
0.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
0.5 dl sugar
1 ripe banana

I possibly also used like 1 teaspoon of corn starch? I dont remember XD

First i melted the coconut cream and dark chocolate (together) in a bowl sitting above boiling water.
Then i mixed the flax and water together and added 0.5 mashed banana, vanilla extract and sugar and mixed. Then i added the choco-coconut sauce to the dough when it had cooled a bit. Then i added the flour, salt and baking powder and mixed more. Then i poured it in my pretty little cake pan (that still seems too big since i eat all the cake myself >.>). Then i sliced the remaining 0.5 banana in slices lengthwise and had it on top before i putted the cake in a preheated oven on 175°C for about 40 minutes.


Like i said, my oven likes to burn stuff xD I also think it wasnt totally baked inside, so maybe check that before eating =p


Some offtopic: I've been waiting 4 months now for nutritional yeast from iHerb (probably it got lost in the mail or so), so i kinda give up on it ever arriving =(( Sooo, anyone know where i can buy nutritional yeast in Leuven? Since i have the feeling that if i try ordering something online again that it will never arrive >.> I also kinda want liquid smoke =D Anyone know if they sell that also in Leuven? I guess the answer is no to both, but its worth a try xD

2 comments:

  1. I've noticed that in your baking dishes, the items are either overcooked (and/or burnt) or slightly undercooked. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They werent slightly undercooked, they were completely RAW inside while starting to being burnt on the top >.>

      Delete