Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Oat milk

I decided to save some money and make my own milk since all the cheap milks taste like vanilla and it's not really that good with mushroom-vanilla sauce for dinner =p

Since i'm lazy, the choise fell on oat milk since that takes less than 5 minutes to make and is supereasy =p

I researched on internet and found a recipe here on how to make oatmilk, but they also add random stuff that would make it sweeter and stuff, and since i just wanted plain milk i simply skip them =p

So here is my simple recipe:
1 dl oats
5 dl cold water

Blend together in a blender for some minutes or so (i tried foodprocessor once, that didnt work as well as my blender xD) then seperate the oats from the water/milk, for example with a cheesecloth or something. I use this since that is what i have, it comes some more oats in my milk but i dont really care =p Then i put it in a tight container (tomatosauce glass or so xD) and store it in the fridge until i use it. I guess it survives some days in the fridge =p Remeber to shake the container before using, because it becomes seperated =p


The leftover oats i eat with some sugar and cinnamon btw =p but you can also use it in baked stuff or possibly skip seperating them =p I didnt really try drinking this milk so i have no idea what it taste like either xD For drinking i guess some sweetener would be nice to have in =p

Warning: When heated, it will get thicker, so i dont need to add maizena to my sauce to thicken it for example =p But if you arent supposed to make a thick warm milky thing i guess it would be smarter to use something else xD I'm curious what the result would be if i made cocoa with it or so @_@ maybe chocolate pudding!!! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment