Sunday, June 19, 2011

Vegan in Leuven - Belgium

I'm on vacation in Belgium now with my boyfriend like i said in my last post. His family live here, so we sleep at his grandparents home (since they got space for us), but we often go to his parents home during the day since it's internet there. I'm having the luxury that they cook food for me, normally the same as they got, but with a "meat-replacer" from Alpro-Soya for me where they have meat (I'm still the only vegan =/).

I like how much from Alpro-soya they got here in the shops, and how cheap it is compared to Norway! They got butter, yoghurt (exotic/peach, cherry/blueberries, strawberry/forest fruit, natural, blueberries, vanilla), pudding (vanilla, chocolate, caramel <3 this one xD, dark chocolate), milk (banana, chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, natural, forest fruit, mocca(?)), "meat-replacers" (spinach filet, fruitfilet, more filet, tofu, minced "meat", mini-pieces, burger, nuggets), so alot more than I'm used to from norway where they just got chocomilk and choco or vanilla pudding and some yoghurts.

Also vegetables here are cheaper than in Norway, for example zucchini was 0.99 - 1,45 € here, while in Norway, normal price was 2,5 - 4 € or so (it depends from week to week).

The rest i didn't check specifically for, but i assume that they got more here than they got in Norway and the rest i can import xD Something that I'm not too happy about here though is the water. The water from the spring doesn't taste good in my opinion, and not the bottled ones either, except for SPA which is the most expensive bottled water, but i guess i will get used to the spring water after a while since i don't really want to buy bottled water.

In Leuven, which is the town near where we live, they got Loving Hut, which is a vegan fast food restaurant. I've been wanting to visit Loving Hut since i first heard of it! So last week me and my bf was in town, and we were hungry so we decided to go on Loving Hut for something to eat. I ordered the vegan burger for 5 €, and my bf ordered the small soup with bread for 3,5 € (pics will come later). We both thought our food was very yummy! The burger was really nice, i recommend it for everyone to taste! ^.^ Wonder what i will order next time =p

Find your closest Loving Hut here: Link ;)

They also got another veggie restaurant here called Green Way. They use milk and egg in some of the dishes there, but they also got clearly marked vegan dishes. I haven't eaten here yet, but i will try it out later i hope =)

I also searched the internet for some other veggies in Belgium, and here are their sites: vegetarisme.be and the forum. Luckily i understand some dutch so i can read almost without problems =)

Still no luck in our apartment search, but I hope we will find something soon.I think it will be a nice place to live here =) Just hope i can find a job also.

Btw lvl 68 on kalonline now which is the online game i play! Finally! xD

No comments:

Post a Comment