Wednesday, November 19, 2014

In Belgium again

Trying my luck on the belgian work market again. Hopefully something will turn up, although everyone tells me when i told what my degree is that it will be hard or nearly impossible to find anything :x So if i'm so unlucky that i cant find any job i guess i'll have to take a more specialized and job oriented bachelor (seems i'll be forever student :x).

Since i'm a newcomer in Antwerpen it seems i can join an integration program where i can learn more about belgium and also learn more dutch, but first i need to get my official address in Antwerpen, which takes some more time than i hoped for. I asked for an appointment to fix it more than a week ago, and i didn't get any reply so far.

Also, the internet here is so slow that it's a nightmare doing anything that requires internet. I tried checking the speed with speedtest.net, but apperantly my internet was too slow to check it :x Normally it is faster, but atm we have a 100 GB download limit for the whole family, and after that is used up, the speed drops to nearly nothing. Luckily the limit resets soon, and we will soon get unlimited download limit so we have fast internet all the time and not just half a month =D

So with this slow internet and depressing job market i sometimes try to look for a job, but it seems i always need something i don't have, like dutch, french, experience, correct education, or driving licence. I applied for a job where the language requirements were norwegian and english, cuz those i know. It's not really based on my education though, but something is better than nothing atleast =) Hope there's no other norwegians around here that steals it :x

I also checked out voluntair work, and there i felt more happy since i
reached requirements more often. So i might sign up for some voluntair work so i'm a bit useful atleast =p


No comments:

Post a Comment