Sunday, April 15, 2012

Black bean brownies

Yesterday i boiled up some black beans i had in the closet. I decided to make brownies since i had heard that bean brownies are yummy =p I kinda followed 2 recipes, the below one on vegetarbloggen (norwegian) and the one it was based on from happy herbivore (english).

I followed a bit from each recipe (they are more or less the same) and added whatever i thought was needed. A bit annoying was it that it doesnt say amount of boiled beans the recipes use, only canned or dry, so i used 375 gram. I shared with my family and they said it tasted ok, but they could be better (this was also my opinion). Maybe more chocolate or sugar would help, since they were lacking some taste kinda =p And also nuts in would be great i think! =D The dough tasted better than the finished brownies, so i can save myself an hour there by just eating the dough instead, if i dont plan to make brownies from it =p

They dont taste like beans btw =p But it could be smart to tell people that they contain beans after they ate from it, since some people are sceptical to beans in their brownies and wont taste it if they know @_@

No comments:

Post a Comment